A Proposal,An Exotic Dancer & a tryst with religion.

10 months later is not the perfect time to write a travelogue,especially for someone like me who is blessed with a short memory span(forgetfulness makes me less nastier to the world :D) but to tell the truth,it never even occurred to me that my ten days and 11 nights, or wait was it the other way?, in a foreign land is all I needed to think of for inspiration to blabber like usual.Now thtat I know there are a few of you out there who read this nonsense without me having to force them :D(my blog view is 999!,yes I know I am gloating but hey, every girl is allowed her moment of ‘head in the clouds’)is good wnough  encouragement for me to continue to drone on!
My first passport stamps,my first international flights,my first soujourn out of the country,that trip had lots of firsts for me.
Yes its sadly true that the first person to ask my hand in marriage to my parents was actually a very charming Israel-ian shop keeper :D the fact that I steadfastly refused to spare my dollars must have made him realize I am a catch ;) anyway, the 18yr old super model look alikes on the streets with machine guns and impecaably maintained roads,tall rising buildings,beautifully maintained historical sites were not exactly what I had in mind when I thought if Israel. To say I was surprised with the friendliness the people showed to tourists would be an understatement.
My parents have made me (yes it was made me,I used to hate Sundays!) go to church since before I can remember,but when you do something all your life u continue doing it without any pressure,I guess that's why they say u grow in faith ;) but to actually see the places where jesus was born,raised,taught,crucified opens your faith up in totally new and brighter way. To be actually on Gailelea sea, to actually eat Peter’s fish,to feel the cold of the marble on which he was laid to rest after crucification is all an experience which I would recommend to any half- doubting Christians out there J
For  those who have had the pleasure (or pain,depending on who s looking :D )of seeing me talk or have a conversation about something I feel strongly feel about (be it happiness or anger or frustration or sadness)will know what iam talking about when I say I need gestures and expressions to actually make you realize what I am trying to say :D
Oh yes,I haven’t forgotten the exotic dancer ;) when you go to Egypt,that too especially, on a package tour you are bound to have an exotic dancer with Arabian music. What would be surpsrisin to you guys out there was that she was atleast in her late 30s and not exactly thin and also that her husband was dancing with her :D so watching our poor mallu mummies and daddies (didn I mention in a grp of 28 there were only 3 of below 50?!!!) get hot with embarrassment and look away was more funny than actually seein the ‘belly dance’. The best of that night was the 79yr grandpa who danced with her while all the mothers thought they d rather be in hell right then than in Holy Land ;)

PS- The rooms I got to stay in and continental break fast I had every day made me rethink whether to run away with the Israeli shop keeper after all also ;) 

Comments

Anonymous said…
time for a permanent visa, eh?
:)
teena12a said…
i am keeping my options open about tht ;)
Sworoop said…
Teens i must say i m beginning to understand and enjoy ur blogs :D.. maybe like the church going thing u said abt urself :P haha..

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP...