Marriage-the new chapter

So like all the'brides to be'i was also terrified and a bag of nerves.Everone kept saying how Marriage is this BIG deal which changes your life overnight and makes your life totally different.I had been a happy & content girlfriend for 5 years and a fiancee' for a year after that.Obviously there were changes in my life since I started dating Sam 6 years ago and wasn't naive to think life would be the same as when I was 19 and when I am 25. All the changes in my life had been smooth like a calm ocean and there had been no waves to capsize my boat.Sam had become my steer on my boat and we had been sailing smoothly bar some ripples ofcourse. So what was this Tsuami everyone had been scaring me about? :O I had been a girl who was suddenly supposed to become a women overnight!
I thought I was strong enough in adversities but marriage seemed like an unnecessary addition to my list of worries. The question of 'to do or not to do' passed fleetingly through my head but the eventuality of not being able to spend the rest of my life with Sam quickly threw that thought out of my head.So with much trepidation & tribulation I prepared for the D day.And beleive me I got enough time to obsess over it till i had convinced myself that the day was literally going to tilt my life and that I wold feel the earth shaking beneath my feet :P but when finally the big day did come,It flashed by in front of my eyes like it was happening to someone else. Before I knew it the knot was around my neck :P and i was still standing on level ground and i still felt exactly the same about myself as i had the yester night.
Now 3 months older in marriage i still haven't gotten over the feeling that i am still single, not completely anyway.Maybe it stems from the fact that the husband & I (yep i have started calling him THE HUSAND :P)aren't living together yet, like most young doctor couples i know.Obviously there have been changes,i have a brand new home,new family and new bride tag (which i am not sure will ever leave!) all of which i am slowly getting used to.There have been no curve balls i couldnt handle, not yet anyway.
Life is moving forward like it always did, I am no different , He is no different and our relationship is still pretty much the same.I have realised marriage is not that scary or may be i have been lucky.As is with every relationship Sam & mine have also entered this new phase of our being together and this beginning we are treading with cautious steps. We always knew being married to each other would come with its own changes and so far neither of us (i am hoping he doesnt disagree :P) have had any hitches which were worrisome.I am still the meddling, know it all, jealous-wife instead of girl friend and he is still the annoyingly calm, frustratingly considerate and irritatingly thoughtful-husband instead of boyfriend :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP...