Confessions of a serial dietess


Anyone who has seen me will can vouch for my article :D
I have always been of more than average height for a girl to be called outright fat but have had enough on me till 3 yrs ago to be called more than chubby. Of course this is not to say I was someone who was happy with the excess I had on me but then was always too lazy to do anything about it :D my dad had this standing joke from probably when I was 15 or so about how I wouldn’t fit through a door by the time I turned 35 :O. none of what my dad said could budge me to do anything about it and anyway it’s my dad, I knew he was kidding (didn’t i? :D)
Well all that kind of changed 3yrs ago. I guess I could put the blame on 2 very special people. They had their own reasons but I would not have done a thing to change till I myself came to that conclusion by myself.( Sam can vouch for how much time it takes to convince me of something :D) but anyway 3 yrs and almost 10 kg lesser I am glad I made the change :D this is not to say it was easy at any point and sometimes I myself wonder how I did it :O I don’t think I can do it again and I am hoping I don’t ever have to!
I am sharing a few things which I found out myself
1.if you don’t yourself want the change or in any corner of your mind think that u look the fine the way you are then just be happy and go on living :D I can tell you that once you make the change its like an addiction or obsession you ll never want out and believe me it is worse for people around you :D
2. if you have some streak of obsession within you good for you :D (bad for others! :P) akshara can vouch what you starving voluntarily does to your room mate but you need someone like her who won’t judge your obsessions, but not support it strongly, cause then you are going to end up with much needed therapy :P
3.”i am hungry, I am hungry I am hungry”  this thought goes around your head 24/7 if u don’t think u can handle it quit while u can and nobody, especially me, is going to think any lesser of you! God knows how many times I have wanted to tell myself to stop with the obsessions
4.if u like hearing nice things u ll never want to stop :D I remember the no of I times I was told “OMG,u  have lost so much weight, you are looking nice now” and me thinking “dude, you never told me I don’t otherwise! :D”
5. anyone who has ever told you this is easy and its only hard in the first few months are LYING!! It never gets easier, first u are always hungry, then you are depressed that your weighing scale is your biggest critic, then you are happy on exercise endorphins and of course the compliments and then comes the worst part, constant obsession about whether you are going to gain all that back. And that obsession never leaves you!
6. if you are someone who loves (everyone likes them) chocolates, ice creams or sweets, then I suggest, you don’t bother. Why make yourself unhappy :D life is meant for pleasures and if yours are them you can do without trying on that really sexy dress :D
7.also be ready to hear “omg u lost so much weight what happened?” from your family (in my case excluding my dad, but even he told me one day enough of losing :D ) and then think in your head or say it out loud depending on how your relationships go “u think it was easy and it just happened?!! :O”
8. but I can tell you this, when you get to a point that you know you dont have that much excess on you, you will be extremely proud of what you have managed to do and more than any one around you,you will appreciate it just because now,  u know u can. It brings to you a self confidence you never knew you didn’t have and makes you much more willing to try more things in life.

Disclaimer: all the weight I lost was with healthy diet and exercise and have never tried starving excessively (obviously I was hungry all the time in the beginning cause I had been eating too much for 21 yrs) drugs, binging or purging! (dude,I should know not to do tht, I am a DOCTOR!!
AND yes i stole the headning,so sew me! :D

Comments

Akshara said…
Hahhaha :P of course i suffered! Even though she was the one dieting,it was more stressful for the ppl around :P Esp. since i loved eating ( chocs n icecreams person she talks abt? sneaky suspicion it might be me ppl) and dearie tht is kinda like copyright infringement, should give the go ahead to sue right away ;P

Popular posts from this blog

GROWING UP...